Update notice - December 14th 9:38pm
This is a brief update on conditions at the Caledonia Nordic Centre regarding the TECK BC Cup #1 on December 29th & 30th. Our snow making system is producing great results but of course only when it is cold enough. We are stockpiling snow around the sprint course and given enough cold days before Christmas we should have snow for the Saturday sprints.
The distance courses have a reasonable ice base from the frequent freeze & thaw events this month and they have intermittently had enough snow to ski, but grooming is not yet possible. It is unlikely that we would have a classic distance race this month so I would advise anyone wanting to qualify for the Canada Winter Games consider the World Jr Trials event for that opportunity.
There is still a possibility that we could do a free technique distance race on December 30th depending upon temperatures between now and then. There are showers and flurries forecast over much of the next week but temperatures are forecast to hold near or above zero for most of that time. If it were to cool a few degrees we should have snow, but without some freezing weather I am not optimistic. At this point in time we could not do a distance race on the BC Cup courses. We will make a decision on whether to proceed with or to cancel the BC Cup #1 event by December 24th.
Check the onsite weather and webcam at: https://www.caledonianordic. com/
______________________________ ______________________________ ___________
Jim Burbee - Chief of Competition
(Masters athletes will ski a 3.75 km Interval Start - free technique distance race. Those who wish to sprint should enter the Open Category)
Sprint Confirmation List Dec 29 Start List Qualifier Results Heats Results
Distance Confirmation List Dec 30 Start List Interval Start Results